Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On a Lighter Note

Tonight after mid week church services, we invited our pastor and his family over for dinner. As our visit drew close to an end and we were getting ready to get our kids in bed for school tomorrow, Pete drug out the big guns. You think I'm kidding. No, I'm not. I mean...the. big. guns. Which is why I call him Pistol Pete. I hate guns, but he is a gun fanatic and it drives me crazy.


This, my friends, is my preacher's wife shooting Pete's Bushmaster AR 15 (whatever that is).

Look at the smile on her face. She is enjoying that waaaayyy too much.

This is your next top model for the "Blue Press" (In case you're not a regular reader, that is a magazine that uses attractive women in cute little attire to attract men to their ammunition and arsenal products.) .

Something kind of strange about seeing your preacher's wife holding an AK47.

I'll be sure and not make her mad!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Gracious! I'm with you on the whole gun thing... That's so not a good look...

I must have just missed your previous post by a whisker - I hope and pray things pan out with your big guy sooner rather than later. Big hugs from across the seas...

I sent off another email yesterday, btw, and psssst! I miss seeing your friendly face in my comments - just so you know you're valued!!!

Melissa Stover said...

with the black outfit she looks like she's ready for a sting.

hsmomma said...

Wow--that's kinda' scary looking!!!

Your Preacher's Wife said...

Wow, I guess people think preachers' wives aren't supposed to shoot guns.... would it help if I said I didn't plan the black outfit to go with it?! It really was fun. "Don't knock it 'til ya try it."

Shannon said...

Where's the pic of you shooting the gun?!?! :)

I'll be praying for you and Dan!

Rae said...

Oh now, that is just too funny! That is one unique and special pastor's wife you have!! :) I would definitely say yes to anything she might ask me to do!!

tondays said...

looks like fun to me - we have guns at our house too, only they are all hunting guns of some sort or other.