Monday, September 29, 2008

Today, I was..

Proud.

-Big Dan got himself up and was in a good mood! (I normally have to scream from the bottom of the stairs repeatedly!)
-He actually waited until he was ready for school before embarking on a "good morning" phone conversation with the girlfriend that usually lasts until the tardy bell is ringing!
-He took the trash out without me having to yell it 100 times.
-He left for school ON TIME!
-and as I dropped Little Ann off and drove back around, I noticed him sitting on a picnic table fellowshipping with friends waiting on the teacher....instead of the teacher waiting on him.

I drove home satisfied. Satisfied that my teenager was acting like he is supposed to act at his age. Maybe it was the fact that his 10 days is up and he is getting the cell phone back today. Maybe it's the fact that Popeye's is a thing of the past and he is starting a new higher paying job this afternoon. Maybe it's because he was off yesterday and got to go to church and then to the mall for new pants and shoes. Whatever it is, I'm not getting my hopes up that it will last, but smiling none the less.

PS - If you haven't already, please don't forget to read all about our Mission Trip. Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. I'll finish up tomorrow hopefully.

6 comments:

April said...

Yes, teenagers are a breed all to themselves, aren't they? I see characteristics of my daughter, Brittany, in your description of your son. I've learned one thing...if I lose my sense of humor, I'm going right off the deep-end. So, I choose to laugh, rather than take things too seriously. Plus, I keep in mind that soon, ALL TOO SOON, she'll be off to college and will be starting her own life. Then, I'll miss all those quirky, hair-pulling things about her. Keeps me very grounded. :)

Rae said...

What a wonderful start to a Monday!!

tondays said...

CONGRATS! HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU.

Anonymous said...

A great start to the week for a Mother.

Your blog is looking swisho for the season... Clever you...

I'm just about to email you - thought I'd let you know so you can check it...

Have a lovely day.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I can tell by your posts that you had a life changing trip. How wonderful to share with another group of people that God loves so much too! I know you are overflowing as you share, and look forward to the rest of the story. Jackie

Daphine said...

Great post! It's amazing how they change when we start taking things from them that REALLY matter, like the cell phone, tv, a walk with a friend in the neighborhood, a fresh bike ride; just pretty much stripping them from their social world. When it gets pretty serious around our house where we feel the need to take some of these things away, it's a whole new ball game and we're winning!
Thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it.