Monday, November 24, 2008

A Little Boring Conversation

My apologies early on for this extra ordinary b-o-r-i-n-g post. Not much has been going on today and I refuse to whine anymore...at least for today. (I only have an hour left so maybe that's do-able)

Got this email a few days ago. Love it.

Tonight was our regular Girl Scouts meeting. The girls are working on designing an ornament made out of natural resources for a contest. The entries are displayed at the county courthouse and the girls are invited to a Christmas tea, I guess you could say to view the entries. This year they designed their own tree out of pine cones. The star is from pine straw and of course the snow is cotton and the lights and ornaments are hand made. It turned out cute. Hope we win!


And I blogged about putting my own tree up as well. Little Ann and I did this on Saturday. I always enjoy just sitting in the living room with the overhead and lamp lights off just taking in the beauty of the sparkling tree. When Little Ann was a baby her first Christmas, we spent countless hours at night rocking by the light of the tree. My mother bought me a few new ornaments when she was out shopping the other day. Yea! She loves me. She really loves me.

Tomorrow I am getting my laptop back. I am so excited. Now I can revert back to my old lazy lifestyle of blogging and facebooking in the comfort of my own bed. Wow. What is this world coming to? lol.

I am also having lunch with a very old friend of mine whom I have not seen in approximately 18 or so years. We have had some contact over the years, but we have not actually laid eyes on one another since college. She was my very first (and only) college roommate. I'm hoping after lunch we may have a little time to do some Christmas shopping. Tommorow is the kid's last day of school for the week and Little Ann will be spending a little quality time with my parents.

And that pretty much sums it up. (And I didn't whine at all!)

4 comments:

His Girl said...

not boring at all.

(and i don't think you whine too much either)

:)

April said...

You, boring???...NEVER!!! I love reading all of your posts, whining or not, so keep 'em coming, girl!

Your tree looks fabulous! We'll put ours up on Sunday...can't wait!

Hope you have a super day!!!

hsmomma said...

I kind of missed what you call whining. You know, misery loves company and all that?? :)

Hope you have a great time with your friend!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Sounds like you have been busy, and I know all about that change! If you need anyone to whine to I can totally relate. It will take a lot of getting used to at least it did for me. I have to get used to it again every time they come home and leave again. This week will be one of those times. Happy Thanksgiving! Jackie