Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Saturday Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window.....I see lots of brown leaves on the ground and not in the trees.

I am thinking.....how I need to take advantage of this day in the house without the husband and the kids.


From the learning room.....High School Musical 3? Is that learning? Hey, it takes place at a High School, so that should count, right?

I am thankful for.....my friends. I am so blessed with friends from all phases of my life.

From the kitchen.....Diet Mountain Dew and brown sugar ham from the deli. Hey, I'm alone and I ain't cookin'!

I am wearing.....all casual today. Brown flip flops, navy knit capris and a green gap tee....and no, I don't even match. Who cares, huh? It's just me, myself, and I.

I am reading.....I am actually reading a book. Yes, I am trying anyway. It's called "The One Thing You Can't do in Heaven". It is for our bible study.

I am hoping.....that I can get our closets switched out from summer to winter wardrobes today instead of wasting the day away on this computer.

I am creating.....um, I don't know. Nothing?

I am hearing.....the wind blowing outside on this 49 degree day and the lull of the dryer with clothes turning inside.

Around the house.....I am getting tired of stepping all over a pile of socks I need to match and put away. The ones Pete has been looking for the past couple of days. oops!

One of my favorite things.....Mayonaise Cake. I know. It sounds totally gross....and I absolutely HATE condiments.. all of them except A1. But this is a recipe of my moms and it rocks. It is one of the only things I can create from scratch. You use 8 oz of Miracle Whip along with your other ingredients..flour, sugar, cocoa, etc..and it makes it soooo moist. You can't even taste the Miracle Whip. I put a (also from scratch) cream cheese icing on it. Oh my. It is delish! (And I made one last night and it reminded me how much I love it!)

A few plans for the rest of the week.....to be honest, I don't have many so far. I am hoping to get my housework caught up, the school will probably call for me to work (as they usually do every week), the THIRD DAY concert (yipee!!), and I am anticipating going Christmas shopping very soon. I may even start some online today!

A picture thought for the day.....


My poor doggie.

We always seem to laugh at her expense....



And before you judge me....this is totally NOT my beer. lol.

I can't stand alcohol, but it seems we have quite the rowdy bunch at the end of our cul-de-sac. Pete often brings beer cans up from the drive to add to our recycle can. The other day he met me in the carport and said.."Look honey, they left me a full one today!". So he went inside and retrieved none other than something to shoot with, because naturally that is the first thing a boy (or a man) thinks about.

As soon as he shot, the brew began to spew everywhere in the yard and Dixie was quick to start lapping it up. It was hilarious, but I began to suddenly question Pete asking him if it would kill her brain cells or damage her liver. So does it?

Happy Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday to you too... I had a busy Saturday with six children from 13 to 3 - quite different to yours... I'm having an even noisier Sunday in a few hours... I wonder if I can have a quiet Monday...

Mayonaise Cake...umm... I can't imagine. Some words just don't go together; but I'm willing to give that one a go, just out of curiousity.

As for Dixie, she would have snoozed that off, for sure. I've heard they do get effected - maybe she just needs some BBBBBerroca, to give her back that bbbounce!

April said...

No husband and kids...ENJOY while you can!! I have never heard of Mayo. Cake. You really have to post the recipe some time soon! Sounds like my kind of dessert! :)

Love your photo...hope your doggie doesn't get a hangover...poor thing!! I'm not a fan of alcohol, either.

Enjoy the rest of your evening! Check out my blog on Monday for my 100th post giveaway!

Kim Hancock said...

That is funny. We don't drink, but my mother-in-law does and Courtney's dog Maggie has had her share of wine.