Friday, November 21, 2008

Spoiler!...Cute Guys Ahead.

If you read my post yesterday, you know what we did last night. Oh my. It was the greatest night...and to think...it was all because Chickadee's Clark had a birthday!! Clark was our chauffeur since he was the only man and since it was his birthday he got to choose the Cracker Barrel for dinner. He also got chosen to be our photographer before we left Cracker Barrel's front porch full of benches and rocking chairs.

The rest of the night was spent rockin' out and goo-goo-ing and ga-ga-ing over Mac Powell and the rest of the band. I felt like a school girl again. I hadn't been this excited over a concert since seeing REO Speedwagon at the Arkansas State Fair my freshman year in college. I (sort of) forgot my 300 lens...actually at the last minute I talked myself out of bringing it because it's heavy and I didn't think I would like keeping up with it or changing out lenses during the night. Besides, from my ticket, I knew we were on the 11th row and I just knew I would be able to see and get some great shots. Not.

Sometimes being 5'2" is a total disadvantage...especially when everyone around you is standing and you get stuck right behind a very tall dude with a buzzed head. This was my view starting out.

It seems a little better than it was because I actually cropped the picture somewhat to get rid of more heads that continually bobbed in my way. Not for long though. About 2 songs into the concert, I had had all me and my nosy, want to be up close and personal, extroverted personality could stand, so I looked at my girls, said "I'll be back", and took off for the front row. Everyone was standing so they didn't really know if I belonged or not.

This was much better. Nothing between me and Third Day but a stage and a security guard.

I met another girl who had the same idea as I. We talked camera talk for a moment the best we could trying to figure out the best setting for stage lighting (with speakers in our ears pounding bass so loud my heart was about to explode), and before we knew it they had snuck down right into the middle of the crowd.

We took off and parked ourselves on the floor right under their noses. We sat right next to many young ladies under the age of 16, (that probably thought we were much too old to be as pushy as we were), but we were determined to get some good shots...and that we did. Can't get much closer than this.

When they moved back to stage, I had decided it was time to join my group and brag a little. The show was awesome. There were 2 bands that opened for them. "Revive" and "Need to Breath". Both bands did a great job. I think "Third Day" was actually on stage for about a 2 hour show. It was totally worth my $25.

Third Day didn't sign autographs, but their opening act, "Revive" did, and gladly posed for a picture.

Hey, did you notice I added Third Day's new album button to my side bar? I'm going to promote it a little. The album is great and not only is he very pretty to look at, Mac is an excellent singer. And all giddiness aside, I love what they stand for and the messages to their songs. You're sure to love it too so..go get it!
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Rae said...

Oh so fun and sooo cute!! Great shots!!! I bet you could have taken the security guard out if they hadn't come down into the crowd! :)

April said...

Can I please have YOUR autograph??? I can't believe you got as close to them as you did!! Not fair, I say!! lol

I'm really glad you guys had such a fun evening! Isn't it great to feel like a teenage girl, again...even if it is only in our heads! :)

Enjoy your weekend, my sweet friend!

hsmomma said...

OK, I think I finally found something we don't have in common--what makes for a hottie. :)

I can't believe tickets were only $25!! I thought about you yesterday when someone called into K-LOVE talking about the concert and asking about the opening act. That wasn't you was it??

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Third Day! So glad you had a great time. And the pics - you could become like their official photographer!!!

Nicole said...

I just listened to the song below and loved it. Looks like you guys had a great time, you got some really great pictures.

Shannon said...

Wow! How fun! I love Third Day.

Laurin Pearce said...

That is so awesome!! Wow! I'm a little jealous...but mostly thrilled for you! I'm glad that you had a great evening and I'm sure it'll be one that you remember long from now!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, have a blessed Sunday! : )

Kim Hancock said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time!