Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ooooo.. I Can't Wait!

I really got nothin' in the way of blog news. I've been doing probably what everyone else is doing.., just trying to get my Christmas shopping, wrapping, and bow tying done so I can move on to bigger and better things....like fudge.

Yesterday, I made a mad dash to our capital city to finish up some loose ends at some stores we don't have where I live. When I say mad dash..I mean mad dash because it's an hour away, plus an hour back, and I had to be back in time to get Little Ann from my mom's and to dress rehearsal for their Christmas play. And why, oh why, is it that when I am in a hurry, traffic is at it's worst? AND...for the record, I am admitting that I don't have the best reputation when it comes to driving anyway. I have been known to rip a mirror off my little car on someone's mailbox while adjusting my bra strap as I was driving to work. (Yeah, that really happened..I took that thing clean off and kept on driving). I also have pretty little designs on the side of my van at this very moment from getting a little too close for comfort with my own mailbox. What is it with mailboxes?? And did I mention how directionally challenged I am? Just this past year have I mustered up enough courage to tackle the driving in the capital city myself. I got so tired of waiting on Pete who is never home or bothering someone else to chauffeur me so I just did it. An amateur in capital city, work traffic AND Christmas shopping traffic..not a good mix. I think I may have cut like 50 people off and I didn't count how many mean looks (among other things) I got! lol. Something about having so many lanes to choose from just gets me every time. And those exits..they just seem to sneak right up on me.

Ok, so enough about my bad driving. I did finish up my gift buying and also went into Hobby Lobby to have my portrait of Big Dan framed as I bought more gift wrapping supplies. I was so happy with it.


It's sitting in front of my fireplace at the moment until I can get Pete inside with the stud finder to hang it for me.

After dress rehearsal, the kids got to spend some "good behavior bucks" they had earned on Christmas gifts for their parents. Adults had brought donations in the way of neat little what nots for them to choose from and we had a checkout and a gift wrapping station set up. They absolutely LOVED this. My littlest nephew was ecstatic..he ran up to my brother and said..."wook, Daddy, I got you this Christmas present and you're gonna wuv it"!! I also heard another little girl (6th grade) who commented she was so happy because she had never gotten to get her dad anything for Christmas and her sister's birthday was today and she was able to get her a birthday gift too. Little Ann wrapped most of her gifts herself and she was also very excited to come home and show her daddy as she placed each one under the tree. (But not before mom got a picture for the blog!!)

Most of my day has been spent getting what I've bought wrapped up. We are supposed to go to another Christmas party at a Mexican restaurant tonight, but I'm just pooped. I think I want to just stay home, curl up with my baby in front of the gas logs and watch a Christmas movie.

And last but definitely NOT LEAST!! I'm so excited to see that Jason is going to be the next Bachelor. If you don't know by now...I LOVE that show. I am such a sucker for reality shows and romance and when you combine the two, I am just hooked! It premiers on January 5 and I can't wait.

Have a great rest of the weekend! I guess my nothin' turned into somethin', huh?

5 comments:

hsmomma said...

The framed pic is beautiful!

The church we went to before we moved did the buck Christmas shopping thing in Children's church. It was so nice because with five it is hard to give everyone the money to shop for everyone else (even if they earn the money it still comes out of my pocket!). The kids always enjoyed that. This year, my mom and sis let them work for them and then let them pick out gifts from Avon (my sister is a rep) and they paid for them. My sweet momma even wrapped them for the kids. That was a relief because they really like to get us something. Now I have to take them to do their shopping for each other. Even a $5 gift will cost me--5 kids, at least 20 bucks each--that's $100!!! But I am glad they enjoy the giving part of it. It'll just be more fun for me when they can fund it themselves! :)

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of hearing about your day, especially about driving in a busy city and letterboxes - classic!

You framed the very picture of Big Dan that made me think, "she's GOTTA frame THAT!" It looks absolutely beautiful! I mean they all are, and you'd frame them all if you could, wouldn't you... but, that pic cried out "frame me"!!!;)

I haven't seen a Bachelor show for ages - I don't think they show them over here anymore. I watched the first couple for a bit of fun, but then lost interest... But, we all know where you'll be and what you'll be doing on the 5th Jan ;). Enjoy, Lovey!

I'm on the eve of five days with five boys, and all I want to do is sit and watch "Someone Like You" (Ashley Judd & Hugh Jackman) while I blog-about, but you should see my house after a wild weekend of beach and party going!!! It's freaking me out. I wish I could just wrap it all up and roll it down the hill, never to see it all again... Wouldn't that be cool! But, I better get to, while loading my photos... No rest for the weary, is there?:)

Hope you're enjoying the weekend, and special times on the couch in front of a flick with 'Lil Ann...

April said...

Hey Girl!

Believe me, you haven't seen traffic until you've lived in and around Atlanta! It is an absolute nightmare! People are just crazy when it comes to darting from one lane to the next. All I can do is hold on for dear life and pray that nothing happens. So far, I've been very fortunate. Driving in six lanes of traffic isn't exactly my idea of a good time, so I avoid it at all costs. Very nerve-wracking!

The picture of Dan looks so nice! So, how many tears did you shed over it??? I don't envy you one bit! This letting go thing is not an easy task!

I love the idea of having a little store for kids to purchase gifts for their parents. Brittany's school did something similar to that when she was in elementary school. She had the best time! I still have the necklace she gave me, even though it's turned the greenest color you've even seen! :)

Isn't it a relief to get your Christmas shopping done? I am just about to that point and I'm so thrilled! It's been a long time coming!

Heidi Zawisza said...

First, great picture of Dan, and SECOND..........sooooo YAY for the bachelor!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about driving! I just the the courage to start driving with the girls! But I just got my license two months ago! HEHE! But I did really well and at first they forgot I was driving and thought it was their dad...and hes a professional! But I hate this shopping traffic! I hate it more when I get into Walmart! Thanks for the question... i loved it! And I love that the little kids got to get their parents gift...thats such a wonderful idea! :)