Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year's Day..Daybook

Outside my window.....I see sunshine shining down on a barren yard. It's not a cold as it has been. 59 degrees feels much better than 30.

I am thinking.....that this break has passed by way too fast and I'm not ready for it to be over. And I wonder if I will be strong enough to hold fast to some resolutions that I am making in attempt to better my life. I wont share what they are to save myself the pain of having to come back and admit my failure. (But, I'm sure some of them are the same as yours!!)

From the learning room.....nothing. Are you kidding? We've still got the weekend.

I am thankful for.....the fact that I have a warm, cozy house, a recliner and a laptop. (oh my, is that shallow or what?) I am thankful for other things too though.

From the kitchen.....Pete is on the back porch grilling pork steaks and they sure smell good. I have corn on the cob and pasta boiling.

I am wearing.....my pajama's. I know, I know. It's only 2:30 in the afternoon. I promise I'm headed to the tub, then to put on clothes, and then to work. (Oh, you know you wish you were in your pj's too)

I am reading.....no reading here.

I am hoping.....to get all this Christmas stuff put away and this house clean today. No better way to start the new year than with a clean house.

I am creating.....a monster, by allowing this little rock star to continually play guitar hero from sun up to sun down.

I am hearing.....Survivor - Eye of the Tiger on guitar hero and Van Halen playing in the kitchen. I guess Pete needs a little New Year's pick me up while grilling.

Around the house.....uh...you really don't wanna know. Ask me tomorrow.

One of my favorite things.....chocolate milk. And the reason I am dwelling on that right now is the fact that I am planning to give it up soon in an attempt to downsize my behind. (One of many attempts)

A few plans for the rest of the week.....regain order, paying some bills (oooo, that's scary), taking Little Ann to spend one last night with her memaw and papaw. Papaw wants to take her squirrel hunting. I'm not quite sure of other plans. Sometimes, I just go with the flow and do whatever the mood strikes me.

A picture thought for the day...


Anybody else make any new year's resolutions to lose weight the fun way? Been thinking about getting this. Does it live up to it's name?

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you can keep all those resolutions you've made in the last 24 hours. As for me, I will probably forget mine by tomorrow.

Oh, and pardon the blog makeover. That's another one of those things I'm trying to do as I put away the old and begin with the new. It is "temporary" status right now.

6 comments:

April said...

Oh, come on now, don't you dare sell yourself short! You CAN do anything you put your mind to! I believe in you...now, believe in yourself! Take hold, dream big, and always reach for the top! Gosh, I sound like some sort of motivational speaker, don't I? :)

I really enjoyed this post! You always find a way to make me smile! Happy 2009!

outdoorgriller said...

That sounds great I love grillign during the holidays.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

Anonymous said...

Love our Wii Fit. I never get to use it because seven people + one Wii + Rockband + Mario Kart + DDR = no play time for Mom.

Good luck!
Jamie

Leigh Ann said...

I loved your list. It made me giggle! Happy 2009, Terri!

Shannon said...

Happy New Year!

Kim Hancock said...

Great list! I'm working on my resolutions and will be posting them tonight or tomorrow :0)

Happy New Year!