Friday, January 2, 2009

Tranquility

Shhhh...listen, do you hear that?

It's quiet, and unless you're at my house today, you probably don't. I've very much enjoyed having the house to myself today. Pete went back to work...finally. Big Dan went to Little Rock to spend his Christmas cash and gift cards before clocking in himself tonight, and Little Ann is off for one last excursion with my parents before hitting the books on Monday. It has made for a very pleasurable day for me having nothing except what I want on the agenda. Do you think anybody would ever know if I played guitar hero?

You're jealous, aren't you?

7 comments:

April said...

Oh, I'd take you on in Guitar Hero in a nano-second! I am so addicted to that game, it's not even funny! My girls say I'm so serious when I'm playing it. Ya think??? I'm a rocker chick just screaming to get out! ;)

I'm a little jealous that you enjoyed some peace and quiet today. I think we're all in need of some of that now that the holidays have come and gone. Hope you have a great weekend!

hsmomma said...

WAY jealous!!! Enjoy! :)

Rae said...

Wow! Sounds like a restful day. It's quiet here now because the kiddos are in bed. I'm headed that way right now! Night!!

Carrie said...

Make me number three at being jealous. I had a day of days, so a day of being alone at home would of be WON.DER.FUL!!!

And Guitar Hero definitely does rock...seriously!! But if you like that, you should definitely try Rock Band. TOO.MUCH.FUN!!

I am SO NOT a singer and even I will belt out a little Metallica!!

LOL!! ~ Carrie

Shell in your Pocket said...

Quiet is a good thing!!
-sandy toes

Sissy said...

I am dreading Monday and my return to the world of work. Sigh.

Like the new background!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I called my sister a while back and the usual question came up. What are you doing? Her reply,"actually I was playing guitar hero" She said she started with the intent of playing just once, so it was a good thing I called to put a stop to all that fun. My beach trip actually didn't happen, so I have been here for the weekend by myself. Hope you had a great weekend. Jackie