Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vodoo

I got your attention, didn't I?

Big Dan has been beside himself the past couple of days. He bought a brand new baseball bat for the upcoming season from here


He was so excited because this was his first ever purchase off ebay. He sat in anticipation as we outbid the competitors in the last few seconds and I laughed at him as he was able to taste his sweet victory. I got pretty good at some outbidding at one time too, but my urge to ebay has subsided. I've found better things to do like....um, blog.

Then, he was able to pay for his purchase with........(drumroll please)...his own debit card.


The bat came today and I told him I'd blog about it tonight since he hasn't been my topic of conversation in awhile. (I am supposing that's a good thing.)

A couple more things I wanted to share.

-Our puppies are now 2 weeks old. They are growing by leaps and bounds, trying to bark (which is too cute because they try to act all big and bad with little pipsqueak barks. haha), their fur is really beginning to thicken and their eyes are finally open. Is this not the cutest thing?

-And finally, Big Dan and I attended the funeral for his friend today. It was a packed house and so, so sad. I have wanted to kiss Big Dan a thousand times today. Please continue to pray for this family. The mother is divorced and this girl was her oldest. Her other 2 kids are boys and the youngest is in a wheelchair. He's had spinal bifida since birth, but is such a precious person. The boys were devastated. It absolutely breaks my heart, but I know my God is in control.

Have a happy Wednesday everybody!!

5 comments:

April said...

Congrats on your son's big win off of E-Bay! Way to go!!! It does feel like sweet victory when you win the bidding war, doesn't it?

Oh, that puppy's face is delicous! I'm convinced that there is nothing sweeter...other than a newborn baby.

I can only imagine how heartbreaking it was to attend the funeral for your son's friend. To have lost someone so young is beyond tragic. I will definitely continue to lift the family up in prayer.

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Shannon said...

I love ebay. I remember my first ebay purchase several years ago when I paid for it on my own! :)

The puppies are getting so cute!

I'll be praying for that family.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, thank you for the sweet 'thank you' card. I love getting 'real' mail!

I have just done a big catch-up with your blog. I loved reading the post on your Dad & Mum! How precious!

Could you please bundle up a Pup and ship one over!!! I know two little boys who would be beside themselves if a cute thing like that was amongst us... And Eli's exstatic that after his recent allergy test, he is no longer allergic to dogs!!! That face in your photo is just too adorable!

Life cut short is so heart-breaking! Words of wisdom, you write... We're praying for a family of an 18 year old girl here, who crashed her car into a tree, just over the way. It just makes you think of all the ways to protect your own, but ofcourse, you can't cottonwool them; only prayer will give us peace and strength, and I pray that now for you guys and for her family...

Carrie said...

Baseball bat...too cool!! Puppy...too cute!!

Give Big Dan a big hug!! Just today, my daughter (also a Senior)came home from school and said that a boy she has been going to school with since elementary school was in a fatal car accident this morning. I was shocked!!

It's heartbreaking!! I think that would be the HARDEST thing...outliving my child!! I can't even think about it!!

I'll will be keeping both families in my prayers!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Kim Hancock said...

I've got that whole ebay thing down to a science. I had to make myself not go on there, because I totally lose track and spend way too much money!