Monday, February 9, 2009

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's 40!

Guess Who? This is my dear husband who goes by bloggy name..."Pistol Pete". He is 40 today and I am not too far behind. We've got a big day planned which includes meeting up with some of his family for dinner tonight. I'll be filling you in on all that later on and hopefully be including some pictures, but for now, I'm anxious to do this "husband" meme that I've held onto until this special day. Let's just see how much I know about this man.

1. Where did you meet?
Haha. I think I've mentioned this before, but we met at a Prison Facility. I was working as a transcriptionist for a Psychiatrist in the Mental Health department and Pete was the Jail Sergeant..(actually at that time he was working as a Lab Tech over the drug testing too). He had come over to my building for a seminar and saw me walking down the hall and that was all she wrote! haha. Of course, I told you I went out with him to make someone else jealous, but I guess he was too hard to resist!

2. How long did you date before you were married?
Only 6 months. Things just fell into place. We were both at a point in our lives where we were ready to settle down. We both had good jobs, and I was a single parent. He fit the mold for everything I was looking for in a mate and father.

3. How long have you been married?
It will be 16 years in July. Wow.

4. What does he do that surprises you?
Nothing that he does really surprises me anymore. I think after 16 years, I've pretty much got him all figured out. I think though if he would try something "romantic" occasionally (hint, hint), I might BE surprised.. lol.

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I love his hands. He has beautiful, soft hands.

6. What is your favorite quality of his?
I love how he has it all together. We are complete opposites, but that's ok. I'm looking for something like a mad, crazy woman, and he hands it to me. He never loses anything. He's always prepared for any catastrophe. He always has a backup plan and I fly by the seat of my pants. He is a perfectionist and although sometimes it drives me crazy, most of the time it's his best quality. (and I don't have to iron his jeans because I don't do it well enough! lol)

7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Usually I'm just referred to as honey. (or other things depending on his mood!)

8. What is his favorite color?
I don't think we've ever had this conversation.

9. What is his favorite food?
I would have to say Chinese, but BBQ would have to come real close to that.

10. What is his favorite sport?
He's not a big sports fan, but he does watch an occasional football game..(ie Super Bowl or something big)

11. When & Where was your first kiss?
Our first date. (I know...You're not supposed to kiss on the first date...Who came up with that rule?) Wow. That's so hard to remember..especially for me, because I never remember anything! Were we in your car? Or at your apartment?

12. What are your favorite things to do as a couple?
We watch movies together occasionally when we aren't glued to our laptops. He likes it when I do things with him that he likes such as deer hunt. Most of the time he goes grocery shopping with me, but I think our favorite thing to do as a couple is just go out to eat and enjoy each other's company.

13. Do you have children?
Yes, our son who is 18 and daughter, age 10. (who acts just like Pete, I might add!)

14. Does he have a hidden talent?
He is a great cook. If he ever left me, I'd for sure miss his homemade hash browns, milk gravy and omelets!!

15. How old is he?
40 years old TODAY!!!

16. Who said I love you first?
He did of course.

17. What is his favorite type of music?
He listens to lots of different music, but I have always known him to be into hard rock. Right now, I catch him listening to Foo Fighters and 80's big hair bands on you tube.

18. What do you admire most about him?
He would do anything to ensure security for this family. I love this about him! And given some certain recent situations in his life, he has developed a closer relationship with God. I am so happy I am married to someone who will go to church with me.

19. Do you think he will read this?
Most definitely!! He's my most faithful reader..lol.

20. What color are his eyes?
He has beautiful brown eyes and Little Ann inherited them.

Anything you want to say to him?
Sweetie. You are a special person and I thank you for what you do for us, the sacrifices you make, and what you mean to me and to this family.

I hope you have many more happy birthday's!!

I love you!!!

4 comments:

April said...

Awww...such a sweet tribute to your sweetie! He's going to be gushing when he reads what you wrote about him...or die from embarrassment, like Chris probably would! :)

Now, I understand the whole prison "gig"...had me a little worried for awhile there! Wow...I thought Chris and I were a bit hasty to get married only 10 months after our first date...you have us beat! Isn't it funny, though, how you just "knew" he was the one for you?

I hope your hubby has a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many more!!!

Aubs said...

Such a sweet post! Hope your hubby has a fabulous day and that you all enjoy celebrating with him!

Shannon said...

Awww! How sweet! Happy 4-0!! We kissed on our first date too! :)

beth said...

Why, he doesn't look a day over six years old! Just kidding; sounds like you two have a nice thing going.