Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sicklings

Well, the first day of March has come and almost gone and I've got nothing to show for it except a couple of sets of clean sheets and some left over homemade pizza. I didn't even get to go to church today because my Little Ann has been a sickling. I am guessing I will call the doctor tomorrow because she has been running fever since Thursday evening with flu like symptoms. I was looking forward to getting over this cough I've had lingering on for the past week myself, but sharing a bed and a lap with Little Ann may hinder that (not that I would have it any other way). We had a bad night. Despite my efforts to bring her 103 degree body back to normal by way of cold drinks, popsicles, and lukewarm baths, the fever was refusing to come down. She was miserable and even after she finally went to sleep in the wee hours, I seemed to worry myself to death for the rest of the night.

Big Dan will probably be bed ridden with pneumonia next after playing a tournament game in freezing temperatures and some snow last night. Friday's game got canceled because of the rain. This mom thinks it was absurd to play in conditions like last night brought, but who am I to second guess baseball coaches? And what a difference 24 hours makes. I never went out today, but my thermometer showed temps nearing 60 degrees. And so is weather in Arkansas.

So, who's ready for the big finale tomorrow night? If what I have been reading on the Hollywood gossip is true, I must say I have mixed feelings about it all. I just can't believe Jason would really do that. If he does, then I guess I had him pegged all wrong. I guess we'll find out tomorrow night.

I wish I had all kinds of excitement to write about tonight, but unfortunately I don't. Other than a little female surgery planned for Dixie (our momma dog) in the morning, things around here are..blah, blah, blah. Pete told Little Ann she and Dixie could go in to see the doctor together tomorrow, but she might not like the way they took her temperature.

Hope everyone has a good week.

3 comments:

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Everyone here has been sick too. I hope not to catch it myself. I dont like being sick.

Aubs said...

So sorry little ann isnt feeling well....will say a prayer that she will get to feeling better very soon! Its never any fun to see your babies sick! =(

And girl....i CANNOT wait until tonight for the finale!! And i am right there with you that if the gossip is true i will be disappointed in Jason and in ABC for doing that to someone! We shall see!

April said...

So sorry to hear that Little Ann is under the weather...I'll be praying for her to get better soon. It really has been dragging on, huh? I'll, also, be praying that no one else comes down with the same thing!

I, absolutely, am counting the minutes until "The Bachelor" comes on! I can't stand the suspense!