Monday, May 25, 2009

Last But NOT Least - Proud Moments Part IV

Wow. This post was originally planned for Friday, but as you can see, it didn't happen. My Friday was filled with an end of the year awards assembly for Little Ann, the first day of my weekend yard sale with friends, and a high school graduation in the big city for another graduate on Pete's side of our family. It was a late night. Saturday was more of the same, and Sunday...well, Sunday brought rain and who can resist a nap on a rainy Sunday? And today, I know it's Memorial Day. I pay my tribute to our soldiers...past and present.

And so now, here is my post.

Even though I'm a little behind schedule, I don't want to make light of this proud moment by any means. It is probably one of the proudest moments I have ever experienced aside from the day my Big Dan was born. It's been a little over a week since this special day, but the memory is still so fresh and lingers in my mind as I attempt to adjust to the fact that my little boy is not so little anymore.

He graduated.

My heart was just overflowing with all kinds of emotions the moment he put on this attire. I can't even explain it. I wanted to cry, but I held back tears. Mainly because I had so many people already at my house and it was hectic trying to snap photographs and get there early enough to get good seats. I couldn't grasp the moment then like I had done the night before. I sat for hours watching a slide show of my favorite photographs from days gone by. I watched it a hundred times, and I admit...I sat there feeling sorry for myself for some time, but I needed it. I was able to get most of my emotion under control before the actual ceremony.

What can I say? I love this boy so much. And I am so proud of him for what he is and more importantly what he is to become.


We had a wonderful celebration with family and friends at our home afterwards. It was a night I will always remember. I am so proud.

5 comments:

April said...

I knew the pictures were coming sooner or later! You have raised such a handsome young man. I can just imagine how proud you are of him and all he's accomplished. Now comes the hard part...setting him free. I will pray for you in the coming days because I know it won't be easy. Just remember...I'm not too far behind you. Will he be going to college nearby?

Aubs said...

Congrats!!! He wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't for having such a wonderful mom all along!! What an amazing accomplishment and i can only imagine how it feels as a mommy to watch him succeed and prepare to move on to the next phase of life! You've got yourself a handsome son who will no doubt continue to make you proud!!

His Girl said...

congratulations... to you both!

Carrie said...

Hey there Scrapper Mom!! Sorry, I didn't post before now...been trying to play "catch up". We too had Katelyn's graduation this past week. It was a very bittersweet day, wasn't it!?!? Are our babies really High School Graduates!?!?!? UGGHHH!! I can't even think about it without crying!! LOL!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

His Girl said...

finally getting caught up on your blog... just wanted you to know I was here, loving every word, and celebrating with you!