Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Proud Moments - Part II

Anytime anything makes your kids smile, it's bound to make you smile too. I've been smiling alot lately, because it seems....well, my kids have been happy.

And so, that makes me happy...not to mention proud.

I told you here about a book report Little Ann was working on. She had to be dressed in character, it all had to be memorized, and had a minimum time limit. She had to audition because the book report would be presented at the 5th grade's annual Accelerated Reading "History" pageant which included the entire elementary and a slew of parents.

So..don't mind me if I brag just a little. She made it through the audition phase with top score ensuring her a place in the spotlight. She was ecstatic! Lucky for me, her book was "The Long Winter" by Laura Ingalls Wilder and she already had a costume that would work perfectly.

And so the time came.

And it was a flawless performance. She was technical, cute and witty. I was grinning from ear to ear.

And guess what?

She won. Along with Johhny Appleseed in the Male category.

I don't even think it was the bribe she brought the judges. She was just really that good. And I'm not partial. Just proud.

3 comments:

April said...

Oh, that is so great! Brag all you want, girl! You've earned it! She looks so cute! CONGRATULATIONS!

Aubs said...

You have every right to be one PROUD mama!! What an accomplishment for Ann....CONGRATS!!

Melissa Stover said...

my girls told me all about it and they were excited too.