Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some Usual Sunday Randomness

I didn't spend too much time on the blog this weekend. I checked in occasionally to read a few of your comments as you posted, but I didn't spend much time "lurking" around. I actually tried to get a few things accomplished that have very much been lacking around here (I took pictures for some future home tour posts)....and I had a few things on the scheduled agenda.

Before I head into the recap of my weekend, I want to be sure and let everyone know that my mother has been diligently working on her etsy shop and has it "somewhat" up and running. Her etsy shop address is http://www.katiebugcasuals.etsy.com/ so please go visit whenever you get the chance....and I'm sure she would very much appreciate you sending as many people as possible over there as well. Here is a spoiler for ya, just in case you missed my post dedicated to her and all her talent...

An Internet business has been a "dream" of hers for awhile so we are hoping this turns out well for her....(and yes, Little Ann's real name is Katie...and yes, she is the only granddaughter and yes, she is pretty special...and is fully aware. ha)

Friday, I spent the majority of the afternoon in our town. It's a place I don't like to go because I am pretty much a countrified home body and I loathe the hustle and bustle of crowds. Walmart was especially crowded on Friday. It was like a traffic jam on every aisle, and I swear their air was broken. I had pictures in the 1 hour so I was forced in the store for at least that long. I think the crowds must've been a combination of 1st of the month grocery shoppers and back to school shoppers and everyone else that couldn't find anything better to do. Ug.... I had a hair appt. scheduled earlier that day too...trying to get prepared for my 20 year class reunion coming up this next weekend. I have a couple of postings in mind for that....(you know, trying to get my 80's groove back on.) Before I headed home, I went to our local scrapbook store and picked up a few items with my gift certificate, but I wasn't sure what all I needed, so I still have plenty of credit left! These are a few of the things I picked up:

Friday night after I got in from errand running, we had our monthly Ladies Bible Study. Sometimes I dread getting out, but it is always so worth the trouble. I come home feeling refreshed and being with my christian sisters is such a blessing to me. We are talking about "witnessing" for Christ right now. We are going to be studying in a book called "The one thing you can't do in Heaven". Know what that is?? Yes, you got it. You can't win souls to Christ in Heaven. By then, it's too late. Why is it so hard to tell people about Christ, especially the ones you are the closest to? I hope all of you who are reading know Him as your personal Savior. If you don't, please take this opportunity to ask Him into your heart right now. I may not know you personally, but I most definitely want you in Heaven with me no matter who you are.

We also discussed our itinerary for our mission trip we are taking in September to an Indian reservation in South Dakota. I can't wait. I think I am going to let Little Ann go too, and she is beside herself.

When I got home Friday night, I was in the mood to scrapbook so this is what I did:

Saturday, Little Ann and I put our noses to the grind and cleaned house. I, of course, "hired" her to do things that I didn't want to do...isn't that why we have kids in the first place? She did things like wipe down kitchen cabinets, baseboards, clean the jets in my whirlpool tub, and vacuum stairs. Here she is in action: (no roller skates this time - roller skates, top of fridge, not a good combo)


I went to bed Saturday night on clean sheets, feeling very much satisfied with my day.

Today, we went to church and this afternoon, I once again took advantage of my child labor. Tomorrow, I am taking the kids shopping for school supplies and clothes so I bribed Big Dan and the girlfriend into detailing my van before our trip. It was sooooo hot out and I almost felt sorry for them.. you know, working in the heat, while I took my nap, and Little Ann slurped on watermelon.


I've been battling a migraine all day long so tonight I decided to indulge in chocolate cake. Have a great week. I hope I can post all my great back to school finds for you tomorrow!!

Scrapper Mom
(I deleted it again..I have got to stop doing that!!)

6 comments:

hsmomma said...

Your scrapbooking talent is amazing!!

tondays said...

i too am trying to get school supplies, etc...

can't wait for your reunion posts, i have had some in mind too. i am trying to get that 80s groove back too.

can't wait to see everyone on saturday!

Shannon said...

Ok, your scrapbooking is awesome!! I love your page. Show us more! :)

PS I got my towel and emailed you. I LOVE IT!!! I am trying to post about it tonight but it won't upload my pics. I'll try again and if not then maybe tomorrow. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

You scrapbook page is gorgeous! You MUST show us more. How good is it to have help from your children? Your kids are wonderful! I now have my two little boys unpacking the dishwasher and putting the plastics away, and it feels great! Hope your headache has left you and you're feeling in tip-top shape...

Sarah said...

Seeing the pictures of your daughter cleaning brings back memories of when my mom gave me the duty of dusting...it's funny, to this day, that is one chore I don't like to do! :)

Heidi Zawisza said...

WOW! You are a wonderful scrapbooker! I wish I didn't have A.D.D. so bad.....I might like to try this!! ha!ha!lol!