Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Work in Progress

If you read my post on all the things that needed to be done around this camp, you will be happy to know we finally decided to tackle it! We have told our kids they have to work to eat around here, thus, the quick response from them yesterday. Ok. so maybe not, but it sounded good, huh. Kind of authoritative.

Anyway, the real story is...that Pete got Big Dan up around 8 o'clock to get started bleaching the house down. He did a great job, but I heard grumbling along the way.

Pete steadily rinsed as Big Dan bleached and when I came out to supervise, I was quite impressed. A far cry from what it looked like a week ago. I was surprised Pete even volunteered to tackle this this soon...you know he was waiting on the cooler temperatures. I guess he picked a good day...I mean the high yesterday was only 97 instead of 107.

I hesitantly jumped in and tackled the jungle with my hedge trimmers, but with a little more caution this time.. and eventually we got the Queen Bee off her throne to join the fun. (yes, that would be Little Ann out of bed, away from Disney channel.com which she was watching on my laptop) Boy, kids have got it so hard these days.

When I was a little girl............. I won't go there.

We stopped working in enough time to get ready for midweek services at church, and afterwards treated ourselves to some cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster. Hey, we deserved it. I went into Lowe's to check out door knobs, light fixtures, and paint colors, but I walked out highly disappointed and a little dismayed at the cost of things these days. I'm going to do some looking around at Home Depot when we travel into the big city this weekend and see if I have better luck.

I got tickled at chickadees post yesterday about Milo praying for rain. It has been so hot and dry around here. I can't remember the last time it actually rained all day...lots of rain...enough to make a difference rain. July 4th maybe? Anyway, there was a woman at our church, who last night during prayer requests, actually requested that we pray for rain. Ok, no problem. So, when our pastor prayed, he did just that. Just a little while ago, I walked outside to see this beautiful, beautiful, wet rain falling from the sky and it is such a pleasant 80 degrees outside. God answers prayers.

We've still got quite a bit left to do on our home improvements agenda. Not sure when we will be able to finish everything up, but I can't wait to post pictures for you.

With only one week left of summer break, we are trying to squeeze so much in. Little Ann is traveling back to grandma's for one last visit, the kids and I are going on an overnight visit to see my bestest friend and her family..and to see their new home. (The 1st one they've owned.yea!!!) . I have scheduled senior pictures for Big Dan next Friday night and then it'll be back to the books!

Tune in tomorrow for a super fun post! I'm going back down memory lane!

4 comments:

hsmomma said...

Wasn't the rain beautiful??? It is still dreary here so I am hoping it is not over!!

Nicole said...

I love the rain. They said on the news today that it might rain here in Utah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think I might like Red Lobsters Cheddar Biscuits even better. Hope you find what you need at Home Depot, I think there prices are a little better than Lowes.

Melissa Stover said...

and, and you have a class reunion. are you going to be able to fit all that in?

Linda said...

I am laughing so hard at the teen comment about the whole girlfriend saga. I have heard the exact same scenerio from my son. Even the part about breaking up and it being our fault. Oh the drama. :) I have enjoyed my visit here on your blog.( I came by way of Bless our Nest)
Blessings,
Linda