Monday, July 6, 2009

Sun Fun

It's been a while since I last posted. The motorcycle drama has thankfully died down (at least for now while he saves his money) thanks to the purchase of a wii fit and a very competitive father / son duo. It is considered an early gift in honor of mine and Pete's anniversary coming up next week. Oh, I will most definitely have to post some photographs of my unbalanced guys doing the hula hoop. It is quite comical.

But for now I must share the latest happenings.

It has been a whirlwind of a week. One that included lots of eating out (which contributed to a little set back on the scales this morning), and lots of fun in the sun.

Last Tuesday we visited some friend of ours that live on one of Arkansas' beautiful lakes. We took the boat out and did a little tubing, swimming, and snorkeling.


Although I love water slides and an occasional dip in the pool, I wasn't raised too much around water. We managed to visit the ocean once when I was a kid, and would swim in hotel pools while on family vacations. My dad and brother would go on overnight fishing trips, but my mother has a fear of water so she and I would always find something more exciting to do instead of roughing it with the dudes at the camp.....

like shopping.

hmmmm.....camping, shopping, camping, shopping. There was never really any contest.

In the early years of our marriage, Pete was hard pressed to get me to do anything boat, lake, river or camping related, but hey, I've mellowed with age. I guess I'll try anything once....(well, maybe not anything).

I like it.

I like it a lot...especially the part when we take the boat out in the calm of the evening and just enjoy the peacefulness and serenity of God's creation.

and fish.


haha...yeah, we threw him back.

And the beauty of the sunset. It takes my breath away.

Another day we did one of my favorite things. We floated a river that is also near the lake. It takes us about 4 hours from point A to point B, but I find it very enjoyable and relaxing.....(minus the sunburn).


Friday of last week, Pete and I went to a water park in the big city. Little Ann was with a birthday group and we were invited to tag along. It is something we usually do every year at least once without any kids. I know...it sounds cruel, but I can't seem to get enough of those water slides, and I can really let my hair down and be a kid when I don't have to stress over my kids. I tend to do that, ya know.

I've been in the sun so much recently. I think I'm going to turn into one big freckle.

So tell me...what have you been up to this summer?

4 comments:

April said...

We just returned from a 3-night stay with my mother-in-law who lives right on a huge lake in South Carolina. We had the best time going boating and tubing! I could live on a lake in a heartbeat! Now, when it comes to water slides, I'm a big chicken! I can do the kind where you sit in a tube, but I'm not trying those that you go down by yourself...no sirree! Beautiful pictures you shared!

Sissy said...

Come on over and check out my NYC posts. It's been a great trip. We ended up stopping in Phillie, since you and Chickadee made it sound fun. But I was sick and we only made it the Art museum so Charlie could run up the steps like Rocky. We took pictures with the statue and then went back to the hotel.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember... it was too long ago!!! And I miss it! I need some warm rays of sunshine... you finished with 'em yet?!!! ;) You certainly have found a beautiful place to enjoy God's handywork. The scenery is gorgeous! Do you happen to have anyphotos or footage of you hooting down a waterslide, though! Now, THAT would be great fun. And you don't look like a big freckle; that pic of you with your girl is lovely. Keep slapping on that sunscreen though!!! God bless! Naomi x

Catherine Anne said...

I saw you on familiar Path and your blog name got my eye. Love your blog beautiful photos and a beautiful family!